- 6-9 inches long. Grows as vine with climbing stems.
- Similar to soybeans in both use and nutritional content.
- Tolerant to heat and high humidity. Can be grown in most areas of USA.
- Sensitive to cold and frost.
- “Tomorrow’s Leaf” Very popular in Asia for its medicinal properties.
- Entire plant is used.
- Best grown in part shade to full sun, with rich organic soil and good drainage.
- Fertilize with manure.
- Usually not harvested in the first year; grow for bigger size and harvest second year.
- Space ~30 cm between plants.
- Mid early maturity, large seed size, mostly 3 beans per pod.
- Deep green color.
- Prolific yielder.
- Japanese green.
- Very aromatic.
- Tender stems topped with fragrant leaves.
- Easy to grow.
- Good for soup and tossed salad.
- Tall plant with light green, heavily serrated leaves.
- Very tender, fresh tasting vegetable often used in Japanese hot pot stew.
- Dark green, pentagonal pods, ~8 cm long (3 inches).
- Extra early maturity.
- Compact plant, very vigorous.
- Medium small sized leaves.
- Tender, high quality pods with excellent taste.