Amaranthus, collectively known as amaranth, is a cosmopolitan genus of annual or short-lived perennial plants. Catkin-like cymes of densely packed flowers grow in summer or autumn. Although several species are often considered weeds, people around the world value amaranths as leaf vegetables, cereals, and ornamental plants.
Red Amaranth 紅莧菜
- Large, pointed round leaves with red purple center.
- Grows rapidly and high yielding.
- Hot season crop.
- Growth is best on well drained, light-sandy, and fertile soil.
- Harvest in 30~40 days.
Green Amaranth 白莧菜
- Green leaves are very tender.
- Leaves are large pointed round shape.
- Fast grower and high yielding.
- Hot season grower.
- Harvest 30~40 days.