Bitter melon comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. The Chinese variety is 20–30 cm long, oblong with bluntly tapering ends and pale green in color, with a gently undulating, warty surface. The bitter melon more typical of India has a narrower shape with pointed ends, and a surface covered with jagged, triangular “teeth” and ridges. It is green to white in color. Between these two extremes are any number of intermediate forms. Some bear miniature fruit of only 6–10 cm in length, which may be served individually as stuffed vegetables.
F1 Hybrid XBM-30
- Medium green color skin.
- Very uniform.
- Fruit weighs about 500 grams each.
F1 Hybrid Green Skin Bitter Melon 一代交配青皮苦瓜
- Very beautiful, uniform fruits.
- Easy grower & highly productive.
- Big, heavy, emerald green fruits with smooth, shiny, warped skin.
- Produces many fruits.
- Approximately ~12 inches long and ~3 inches in diameter.
Green Skin Bitter Melon 青皮苦瓜
- Excellent O.P. variety with big, medium green fruits.
- Approximately 8 ~ 10 inches long and ~3 inches in diameter.
- Best in warm to hot areas.
- Leaves are also harvested for Southeast Asian delicacy.
F1 Hybrid Indian Bitter Melon 一代交配印度苦瓜
- Medium type.
- Specialty market item.
- Produces many small, dark green fruits with spiky, warty skin; ~5 inches long and ~2 inches thick.
Giant White Skin Bitter Melon (O.P.) 特大白皮苦瓜
- Extra large sized fruits.
- Very heavy with smooth, white warped skin.
- 10 ~ 12 inches long and 3 ~ 4 inches in diameter.
White Skin Bitter Melon (O.P.) 白皮苦瓜
- Beautiful, medium sized white fruits measuring 7 ~ 9 inches long and ~3 inches in diameter.
- Very good fruit setting.