Bitter melon comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. The Chinese variety is 20–30 cm long, oblong with bluntly tapering ends and dark green in color, with a gently undulating, warty surface. The bitter melon more typical of India has a narrower shape with pointed ends, and a surface covered with jagged, triangular “teeth” and ridges. It is dark green in color with slightly light green tip. Between these two extremes are any number of intermediate forms. Some bear miniature fruit of only 6–10 cm in length, which may be served individually as stuffed vegetables.
F1 HYBRID TXB-5 一 代 交 配 青 皮 苦 瓜 TXB-5
- Very beautiful, uniform fruits.
- Easy grower & highly productive.
- Big, heavy, emerald green fruits with smooth, shiny, warped skin.
- Produces many fruits.
- Approximately ~12 inches long and ~3 inches in diameter.
F1 HYBRID INDIAN BITTER MELON 一 代 交 配 印 度 苦 瓜
- Medium type.
- Specialty market item.
- Produces many small, dark green fruits with spiky, warty skin; ~5 inches long and ~2 inches thick.
F1 HYBRID GREEN GIANT
GREEN SKIN OPEN-POLLINATED 青 皮 苦 瓜
- Excellent O.P. variety with big, medium green fruits.
- Approximately 8 ~ 10 inches long and ~3 inches in diameter.
- Best in warm to hot areas.
- Leaves are also harvested for Southeast Asian delicacy.
F1 HYBRID BAI SHENG 一 代 交 配 百 勝 白 玉 苦 瓜
- Extra large sized fruits.
- Very heavy with smooth, white warped skin.
- 10 ~ 12 inches long and 3 ~ 4 inches in diameter.
BIG HEART GREEN SKIN BITTER MELON 新 心 青 皮 苦 瓜
- Heart shape fruits, 4-5 inches long, 350 grams in weight
- Dark green glossy skin
F1 HYBRID XBM-30
- Medium green color skin.
- Very uniform.
- Fruit weighs about 500 grams each.