Tong Gua / Winter Melon / Wax Gourd 大冬瓜
- Round, blocky shape.
- Very large size potential with white waxy coating. 30 ~ 35 lbs.
- Plant in spring for autumn harvest.
- Prefers well-drained soil and hot temperatures.
Tainong Tong Gua Zhou 冬瓜粥
- Early maturing, mini-tong gua type.
- Fruits are ~5 inches in diameter and 4~6 lbs in weight.
- Light green skin with waxy white powder developing at maturity.
- Juicy flesh, excellent for stuffing.
Okinawa Tong Gua 沖縄小冬瓜
- Small tong gua from Okinawa.
- Smooth, dark green skin with light spots.
- Pick about ~8 inches long and ~5 inches thick. 3~5 lbs.
Mini Tong Gua 一代交配迷你小型冬瓜
- Mini Tong Gua:
- Dark green color with light green spots, ~7 inches long and ~5 inches wide.
- Weight is ~6 lbs.
- Heavy yielding, each plant produces many fruits.
- Thick flesh, excellent for soup.