Chinese Cabbage Napa sold at a Taiwanese open market vegetable stand. Tropical napa varieties, such as seen above, are smaller, round in shape and highly tolerant to heat.
- Easy to grow.
- Slow bolting type for spring/autumn sowing.
- Mid-early maturity, ~65 days after sowing.
- Medium green outer leaves with light yellow interiors.
- Blocky, barrel shaped heads weigh ~5.5 lbs.
- Best harvesting season from fall to early winter.
- Tolerant to Virus, Soft rot and leaf spot.
- Very strong against cold weather.
- Slow bolting hybrid for Spring/Autumn sowing.
- Early maturity, 60~65 days from seeding.
- Big barrel shaped head, beautiful green outer leaves with yellow interiors.
- Early maturity, very late bolting characteristic suitable for spring & autumn sowing, ~60 days after sowing.
- Barrel shaped heads with deep green outer leaves and rich yellow interior hearts.
- Heavy yielder, easily produces 5~6 lbs heads.
- Early maturity, ~60 days after sowing.
- Medium sized plants with dark green leaves.
- Blocky, barrel shaped heads are ~5.5 lbs.
- Compact outer leaves suitable for dense planting.
- Late bolting variety suitable for early spring to spring sowing.
- Extra slow bolting.
- Extra early, ~57 days after sowing.
- Medium green, 2.0 kgs (4.4 lbs.)
- Best for spring to early summer in areas where bolting is a problem.
- Good also for summer to early winter.
- Highly tolerant to virus, Downy mildew and Bacterial soft rot.
F1 Chinese Cabbage Mini Napa
- New! mini Napa.
- Extra early maturity, 50~55 days after seeding.
- Small compact plants, called “Wa Wa Cai” when all outer leaves are removed, leaving only yellow interior hearts.
- High quality.
- Bright green, 2.5 kgs (5.5 lbs.)
- Harvest Fall to early winter. ~65 days after sowing.
- Resistant to Clubroot.
- Tolerant to Virus, Soft rot and Downy mildew.
- Avoid dry conditions at heading stage.
- Taiwan Napa variety.
- Extra early maturity, 50~55 days from sowing.
- Dark green outer leaves with light yellow inner leaves.
- Oval shape with excellent overwrapping.
- Weight is 3 lbs.
- For summer season.
- Summer use, heat tolerant Taiwan Napa type.
- Wide adaptability with strong disease resistance.
- Round shaped head with medium green leaves.
- ~60 days to harvest, ~1.5 kg in weight.
Long Napa Tainong Nanjing Michihili
- Michihili type Napa.
- Medium early maturity, ready 70~75 days, weight 5.5~6.5 lbs. 16~18 in tall.
- Strong tolerance to cold and many diseases.
- Medium maturity, 80 days after sowing.
- Head size is 2.0 kgs, bright green, cylindrical, 45 cm tall.
- Harvest Fall to Winter.
- High tolerance to multiple diseases.
- Takii Seed
Michihili Jade Pagoda
- Mid early maturity, 65~70 days after sowing.
- Very tall, upright heads cylindrical in shape.
- Good wrapping habit, heads ~3 kgs.
- Cold tolerant for fall and late fall crop.
- Close planting produces smaller sized heads.
- Sakata Seed.
- Widely adapted and utilized variety.
- Attractive, medium sized, barrel shaped heads, well wrapped and uniform. ~62 days.
- Tolerance to turnip mosaic virus, tipburn and bolting.
- Sakata Seed
- Large barrel shaped head.
- Bright green color.
- Weight is 4~5 lbs. Maturity in ~67 days.
- Club root resistance, tolerant to Tipburn and pepperspot.
- Sakata Seed.